Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was so easy to make and very tasty. I only had skim milk and it turned out great. My girlfriend loves cake but doesn't like frosting so i was trying to find something tasty enough for me to enjoy and this was it. I think it would be good drizzled with maple syrup or corn syrup though and dusted with a little powder sugar if you wanted to dress it up."
"This was a fun cake to make,very simply and very good. Didn't miss the frosting at all!"
"I tried this recipe today. It turned out good & was very Delish!!"
"it tastes so good and so easy to make"
"I can remember my Mom baking Hot Milk cake ..she would spread Karo syrup on top it was so delicious"