Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake(53)
Sort By :
Tender and moist... the very best cake for strawberry shortcake I've ever tried.
It is a Great cake but as a coffee cake or base of lemon curd cake. pineapple upside down cake, or Strawberry shortcake. I will make it again!
We've used this recipe for years for strawberry shortcake.
I was so excited to try this cake. Followed the recipe to a T. I cannot understand why it has good reviews...it is horrible. Utterly horrible. I would not recommend this to anyone. I cook all the time, in case anyone thinks I am a newbie...I am not. this recipe just is not worth making. Awful.
it's so delicious , my kids just loved it,,,,,,,,
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >