- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"My family loved it. I wasn't sure it would turn out but it was delicious. I served it with chocolate ice cream."
"Do you use salted or unsalted butter? Also, someone mentioned that it's better with salt, but I don't see salt listed in the ingredients. Do you add salt? Thanks"
"This is d Best Cake Ever..love D Recipe.."
"We have been making hot milk cakes in our family for more than 75 years. It is an easy tasty cake and you can add coco powder 1\2 cup or more to taste and make a chocolate hot milk cake! Delicious!"