- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
"I have been making this cake for over 25 years ... it is one of my husband's favorites ... I do use salted Butter ... if you don't have salted butter just add 1/2 tsp salt ... and I use 1 TBS of Vanilla. The mixture is thin! BUT it works perfectly. I usually make it in a Bundt Pan , just because we like it that way. Too thin for a Tube Pan ... I like to make this to add to Gift Baskets. Use 6 to 7 PINT size wide mouth jars, Grease inside, fill about 2/3 full place on a pan to bake @ 350 about 18 mins. or until touch test works. Place lids and rings on as soon as you can after removing from the oven, they will seal ... tighten after jars have cooled ... if sealed they will be GOOD for at 2-3 months in cabinet. Enjoy!I have tried to give this 5 Stars ... But it just won't let me ... Could be me!"
"My grandmother made a cake very similar to this which she topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. When I saw fresh strawberries on special yesterday at the grocery store, I thought of her cake and found this recipe. The taste and smell were so familiar! The recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I also served some of the cake topped with chocolate icing and it was fantastic too. This recipe will become a permanent addition to my recipe collection! It's very versatile and oh so easy and tasty."
"I poked holes n the top of the cake and poured some cream of coconut over the top... oh so moist! I did a change tho' - I didn't put 2 cups of sugar in it (i is a diabetic) - I used 1 cup of sugar - had rave reviews from every1! loved it..."
"Delicious! Easy too. I would like to hear about some different frosting ideas for it. I did like it plain and also with a little powdered sugar. I'm just curious."
"I got the credit of making a tasty cake"