- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
"My grandmother made a cake very similar to this which she topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. When I saw fresh strawberries on special yesterday at the grocery store, I thought of her cake and found this recipe. The taste and smell were so familiar! The recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I also served some of the cake topped with chocolate icing and it was fantastic too. This recipe will become a permanent addition to my recipe collection! It's very versatile and oh so easy and tasty."
"I poked holes n the top of the cake and poured some cream of coconut over the top... oh so moist! I did a change tho' - I didn't put 2 cups of sugar in it (i is a diabetic) - I used 1 cup of sugar - had rave reviews from every1! loved it..."
"Delicious! Easy too. I would like to hear about some different frosting ideas for it. I did like it plain and also with a little powdered sugar. I'm just curious."
"I got the credit of making a tasty cake"
"This is the perfect cake to top with your favorite fruit topping. I take it to almost every summer time picnic and it never fails to disappear."