Hot Milk Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"When you're raising 6 kids, you need lots of delicious, inexpensive recipes to fill up all those tummies! This recipe was one of our family's favorites when all the kids were growing up. So easy to top it with fruit to make it a little more special. But, everyone loved it just as it is! Easy to make & delicious!"
"literally just finished cooking it, definately came out light and fluffy, inlove with this cake already!! added blue food colouring to make it a little different and after reading some reviews, i ended up adding 1/4 salt and it came out perfect. Thanks to everyone for their reviews, it really made the cake work :)"
"This is a great cake, very moist and flavorful. It does need to cook longer than the directions say, at least in my oven. Don't rely on the toothpick test or it won't be cooked. It should spring back if you touch it, the top should be golden brown, and then it's done. I used boiled peanut butter frosting which was more like fudge. It was for a family birthday party and it disappeared fast."
"I tried this recipe and it came out really well. I was short of 1 egg but the outcome was still good. Thanks for sharing!!"
"I think what the reviews with low stars are missing is QUALITY ingredients. The first time I made this, I made no alterations and it was perfect. I topped with some homemade peach marmalade and that added just enough sweetness that coffee goes perfect with it. Now, I do use farm fresh eggs, fresh dairy milk and fresh dairy butter, so I'm thinking that that has something to do with it. With "old" recipes, it makes a huge difference."