- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Milk Cake
Sort By :
"This is d Best Cake Ever..love D Recipe.."
"We have been making hot milk cakes in our family for more than 75 years. It is an easy tasty cake and you can add coco powder 1\2 cup or more to taste and make a chocolate hot milk cake! Delicious!"
"I followed the instruction exactly like it was written without adding any salt! The results were still great though I would agree to add a little salt next time! Could be as a base for any birthday cake with any thing/flavour added! Spongy and moist at the same time! I will make it again for sure!"
"LOVE the recipe!!! Its a keeper! Will make often and don't see why some people don't like it. Crazy!"
"Very yummy and so easy! I only used 1 & 1/2 C sugar and added 2 tsp vanilla and a little salt. It has a great consistency. Thanks for sharing - this will be one of our favorites now!!"