Hot Milk Cake Recipe
This simple, old-fashioned cake tastes so good it will surprise you! As I remember my mom's delicious meals, this dessert was always the perfect ending. Mom always used "a dash of this and dab of that" to come up with what we thought was "the best"! —Rosemary Pryor, Pasadena, Maryland
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- 3. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC