Hot Mexican Dip Recipe
This hearty dip from Heather O'Neill of Dudley, Massachusetts won't last long at your next gathering. Green chilies, taco sauce and chili powder add zip to the appetizing blend of ground turkey, refried beans, cheese and seasonings.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the chili powder, onion powder and salt; set aside. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the beans, turkey mixture, green chilies, taco sauce and 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbles around edges. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 15 servings.
1/2 cup: 133 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Hot Mexican Dip
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC