- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the chili powder, onion powder and salt; set aside. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the beans, turkey mixture, green chilies, taco sauce and 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbles around edges. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Hot Mexican Dip in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p50
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Mexican Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2013
"This was absolutely wonderful! I used ground pork instead of the turkey, but will definitely make it again. Maybe next time I'll use turkey. We ate this for dinner not as a snack."