This hearty dip from Heather O'Neill of Dudley, Massachusetts won't last long at your next gathering. Green chilies, taco sauce and chili powder add zip to the appetizing blend of ground turkey, refried beans, cheese and seasonings.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the chili powder, onion powder and salt; set aside. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the beans, turkey mixture, green chilies, taco sauce and 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbles around edges. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Hot Mexican Dip in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p50
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Mexican Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2013
"This was absolutely wonderful! I used ground pork instead of the turkey, but will definitely make it again. Maybe next time I'll use turkey. We ate this for dinner not as a snack."