Hot Malted Chocolate Recipe
There’s nothing better on a cold day than a steaming mug of rich hot chocolate. Malted milk powder adds a nice touch to this yummy version. —Christy Meinecke, Mansfield, Texas
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3. Whisk chocolate chips and milk powder into milk until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour into mugs. Spoon whipped cream over the top. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup with about 1/3 cup whipped cream equals 578 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC