There’s nothing better on a cold day than a steaming mug of rich hot chocolate. Malted milk powder adds a nice touch to this yummy version. —Christy Meinecke, Mansfield, Texas
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Whisk chocolate chips and milk powder into milk until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour into mugs. Spoon whipped cream over the top. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hot Malted Chocolate in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p27
Reviews for Hot Malted Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"Love it and it is really easy to make.....my kids can do it."
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
"Sugar Overload!!I will make this again, but will definitely cut back on both the chocolate chips and the sugar."