- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Whisk chocolate chips and milk powder into milk until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour into mugs. Spoon whipped cream over the top. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hot Malted Chocolate in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p27
Reviews for Hot Malted Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
Love it and it is really easy to make.....my kids can do it.
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2010
I will make this again, but will definitely cut back on both the chocolate chips and the sugar.