Hot Kippered Salmon
We fish commercially in front of our home on Cook Inlet. I developed this recipe as one of the many ways to enjoy our catch. This salmon dish is healthy and delicious served with steamed rice, broccoli and a salad.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (about 2 pounds each)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place fillets skin side down, side by side, in a greased shallow
- baking pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and brown sugar; drizzle with
- liquid smoke. Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours. Drain any liquid.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,249 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.