Hot Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches always make a big hit when they are served! The cooking in our area of western Pennsylvania represents a "melting pot" of Italian, Polish and Pennsylvania Dutch (German), so there's a variety of foods to choose from.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in butter on all sides. Stir in the tomatoes, water, thyme, pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender, adding more water if necessary.
- 2. Remove roast and reserve cooking juices. Let stand for 15 minutes; trim any fat and thinly slice meat. To serve, reheat sliced beef in cooking juices. Serve on sandwich buns. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Hot Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC