Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
If you’re looking for a great dish for a casual fall get-together or half-time fare for a football party, try these simple hot sandwiches from LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. They’re also good with salad or soup for a hearty lunch.
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 large green peppers, diced
- 1 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the green peppers, wine or broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic salt and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and let stand for 10-15 minutes; cut across the grain into 1/8-in. slices. Serve on rolls; top with green peppers. Strain cooking juices to serve with sandwiches. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review