Hot Holiday Cider Recipe
This warming, slightly tart cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma.—Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cider, juices and sugar. Place cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
1 cup equals 145 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Hot Holiday Cider
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC