Hot Holiday Cider Recipe
This warming, slightly tart cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma.—Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:14 servings
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the cider, juices and sugar. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 145 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC