This warming, slightly tart cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma.—Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cider, juices and sugar. Place cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Hot Holiday Cider in Country Woman December/January 2010, p10
Reviews for Hot Holiday Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"Once you make this once, you will be asked to bring it to every gathering you attend. That's what happened to me!"