This warming, slightly tart cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma.—Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 8 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cider, juices and sugar. Place cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Hot Holiday Cider in Country Woman December/January 2010, p10
Reviews for Hot Holiday Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"Once you make this once, you will be asked to bring it to every gathering you attend. That's what happened to me!"