Hot Hoagies Recipe
A convenient package of Italian salad dressing mix provides the yummy herb flavor in these broiled sandwiches that Paula Hadley assembles for her family of 10. "I use their favorite combination of meats and cheeses, then serve the sandwiches with chips and pickles," relates the Forest Hills, Louisiana cook. "They're a hit every time."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 to 16 ounces sliced luncheon meat (salami, ham and/or turkey)
- 12 thin slices cheese (Swiss, cheddar and/or brick)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and salad dressing mix; spread 1 tablespoonful inside each bun. On bottom of each bun, layer one slice of meat, two slices of cheese and another slice of meat; replace tops. Spread 1 tablespoon butter mixture over top of each bun.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Hoagies in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p45
Reviews for Hot Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2009
These are so simple and my whole family loves them!