Hot Ham N Cheese
This recipe came from a dear aunt. They can be made ahead of time, so they're great snack after games. I wrap them individually in foil and keep them in the fridge. Then I just pop them in the oven when needed.Linda Hartsell, Apple Creek, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion and poppy seeds.
- Spread over cut sides of buns. Layer ham and cheese on bottom
- halves; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil; place on a baking
- sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 383 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 959 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.