- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Place the French loaf dough seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut six slashes, about 1/2 in. deep, on top of dough. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt; brush over hot bread. Cool on a wire rack for 8 minutes.
- Split bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over shell; top with the ham, pineapple and cheese. Replace bread top. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Heat the remaining pizza sauce; serve with sandwich. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Hot Ham and Pineapple Sub
Sort By :
"I found this recipe to be very tasty. I used a loaf of french bread from the bakery instead of using a refrigerated loaf that I would have to prepare in the oven. I also spread the pizza sauce over both sides of the bread prior to baking until the cheese melted. I did not measure any of the ingredients."
"This is a yummy recipe. I've made it several times, it tastes like a hawaiian pizza :) Good and simple recipe-very quick too!"