Hot Ham 'N' Swiss
"I've been preparing these versatile open-faced sandwiches for more than 20 years for different occasions and mealtimes," notes Debbie Petrun of Smithfield, Pennsylvania. "They're a special beginning to a cozy Sunday brunch."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Dip both sides of bread in eggs.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle until lightly browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; top each slice with ham and cheese. Broil
- 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Yield: 8 servings.