Hot Ham 'n' Cheese Sandwiches
“These sandwiches are so fast and hassle-free that we end up eating them quite often,” writes Kathy Taylor from her home in Mason City, Iowa. “They’re perfect when you’re heading out the door or getting home late.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon strips
- 6 slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread mayonnaise over rolls. Layer roll bottoms with cheddar cheese,
- bacon, ham and mozzarella cheese; replace tops.
- Wrap sandwiches in foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 409 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.