Hot Ham 'n' Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon strips
- 6 slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Spread mayonnaise over rolls. Layer roll bottoms with cheddar cheese, bacon, ham and mozzarella cheese; replace tops.
- 2. Wrap sandwiches in foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 409 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,185 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.