- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender. Set aside.
- Unfold pastry. Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling; pinch seams to seal. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut each with a serrated knife into 4 slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hot Ham & Cheese Slices
Sort By :
"We really liked this recipe. I cut the recipe in half since there are just two of us. I used canned mushrooms because I get tired of tossing out unused fresh ones."
"Peppers seemed to overpower all the flavors. And, the puff pastry was soggy on the bottom, although I admit to not seeing faithq_06's suggestion of putting the veggies in between the meat and cheese. Puff pastry also didn't "puff" much. In all, not the best thing I've made."
"very rich but quick and tasty. Maybe next time I will go a little lighter on the cheese and cook the veggies in oil instead of butter."
"I love this recipe....I highly recommend putting your layer of sauteed veggies in between your ham and cheese layer because otherwise it gets your puff pastry mushy on the bottom."
"This is a delicious recipe! My picky husband even really liked it. For my son, I left out the mushrooms. I also added bacon. Wonderful!"