Hot Ham & Cheese Slices Recipe
Crisp, unique and a crowd-pleaser. Get ready to score rave reviews with these tasty slices. - Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender. Set aside.
Unfold pastry. Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling; pinch seams to seal. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut each with a serrated knife into 4 slices.
Freeze option: Allow mushroom mixture to cool before filling pastry. Cover and freeze unbaked filled pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, remove pastries from freezer 30 minutes before baking and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake and serve as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 469 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC