Hot Green Rice Recipe
"Our boys don't like spinach, but they love this casserole," relates Judy Brown of Rockdale, Texas. "I think the jalapeno peppers disguise the spinach taste."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in spinach and rice. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, jalapeno, salt and pepper; add to spinach mixture and heat through. Stir in the cheese.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC