Hot Ginger Coffee
I like to sit by the fire and sip this coffee on a cold winter day. It's a great warm-up after shoveling snow, skiing, skating or snowmobiling. —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cold water
- Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
- Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a
- coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and
- orange peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Look for crystallized or candied ginger in the spice or baking section of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.