Hot Ginger Coffee Recipe
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cold water
- Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
- 1. Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and orange peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 22 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Hot Ginger Coffee
"What a wonderful change from regular coffee. Had a subtle hint of the ginger along with the orange and cinnamon. The only change I would make is to cut down on the water amount a bit or increase the ground coffee. It was very light in color and a little too weak for me and I do not like strong coffee. Definitely try it!"
"I'm a huge coffee fan, but I must admit, the mixture of orange, ginger, and cinnamon made me wonder about the end result.I used a dark roast coffee, and was pleased that I could taste each flavor, and none of the ingredients overpowered the others."
"This recipe was just what I needed for this cold -20 F Wisconsin morning! Instead of grating the orange, I carefully used a potato peeler and then julienned the strips. This process may have produced a lesser orange flavor. Miss Carol, I would experiment with grated or julienned ginger root instead of crystalized ginger. I always keep a peeled ginger root wrapped securely in the freezer for quick addition to any recipe. It stays fresh and ready to use."
"Sorry, this isn't a review either, but do you have to use candied or crystallized ginger instead of the regular ginger?"
"Sorry - this isn't a review, although I'd love to give this a try. No, it's just to comment that you can usually find "candied" ginger in the bulk food section of your super market - at least that's where it is here in Toronto."