I like to sit by the fire and sip this coffee on a cold winter day. It's a great warm-up after shoveling snow, skiing, skating or snowmobiling. —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups cold water
- Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional
- Combine the coffee, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon; pour into a coffee filter. Brew according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour into mugs; garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and orange peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Ginger Coffee in Country Extra January 1996, p51
Reviews for Hot Ginger Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review