Hot German Noodle Salad Recipe
Onion, herbs and bacon in a sweet-and-sour sauce make these noodles a delicious and distinctive accompaniment to any meat entree. -Roxie Wilcox, Bellville, Texas
- 1 cup uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. In the drippings, saute celery and onion until tender. Stir in flour, sugar, salt and mustard. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- 3. Drain noodles. Add noodles, bacon, vinegar and parsley to the celery mixture. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 223 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Hot German Noodle Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC