Hot Fudge Sundaes
Charlene likes to top off meals with a time-tested treat. "After Sunday dinners, my grandmother served her special Hot Fudge Sundaes," remembers Charlene. "The thick fudgy sauce comes together in no time and is terrific over ice cream. My whole family looks forward to this delicious dessert."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Nuts and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa; stir in milk. Add
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar
- is dissolved. Add marshmallows; cook until melted. Remove from the
- heat stir in vanilla. Serve with ice cream. Top with nuts and
- cherries if desired. Yield: 2 cups, 16 servings, 2 tablespoons per
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.