Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe
My husband is a real chocolate lover, so I'm always on the lookout for great dessert recipes like this one, which I found years ago. Who can resist the combination of chocolate cake, ice cream and hot fudge sauce? It gets rave reviews whenever I serve it. —Hildy Adams Alma, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt milk chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks. Add flour just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in almonds.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, combine sugar, cocoa and cream in a saucepan until smooth. Add semisweet chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 4. Cut cake into wedges; top with ice cream. Drizzle with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC