Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt milk chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks. Add flour just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in almonds.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, combine sugar, cocoa and cream in a saucepan until smooth. Add semisweet chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 4. Cut cake into wedges; top with ice cream. Drizzle with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 413 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
"Yummy and delicious. Don't skip the ice cream! This dessert looks and tastes great."
"This is a great recipe! My family loved it! We did not have ice cream with it, but it probably would have been better if we did; you might find it a bit dry eating it alone. It has an interesting consistency and distinct flavor. It had a nice crispy crust and feel free to leave out the almonds- it is just as good without them."
"It was so easy to make and tasted wonderful. The sauce was rich and again, so easy to make. A great treat"
"This dessert looks absolutely divine! I will put in into my recipe box and make as soon as the need arises... hope it'll be as beautiful and delicious as it looks :)."