- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan, melt milk chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks. Add flour just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in almonds.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine sugar, cocoa and cream in a saucepan until smooth. Add semisweet chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cut cake into wedges; top with ice cream. Drizzle with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe! My family loved it! We did not have ice cream with it, but it probably would have been better if we did; you might find it a bit dry eating it alone. It has an interesting consistency and distinct flavor. It had a nice crispy crust and feel free to leave out the almonds- it is just as good without them."
"It was so easy to make and tasted wonderful. The sauce was rich and again, so easy to make. A great treat"
"This dessert looks absolutely divine! I will put in into my recipe box and make as soon as the need arises... hope it'll be as beautiful and delicious as it looks :)."