My husband is a real chocolate lover, so I'm always on the lookout for great dessert recipes like this one, which I found years ago. Who can resist the combination of chocolate cake, ice cream and hot fudge sauce? It gets rave reviews whenever I serve it. —Hildy Adams Alma, Michigan
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan, melt milk chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks. Add flour just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until blended. Fold in almonds.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine sugar, cocoa and cream in a saucepan until smooth. Add semisweet chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chips and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cut cake into wedges; top with ice cream. Drizzle with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fudge Sundae Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p29
Reviews for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review