Hot Fudge Pudding Cake Recipe
Mother would make this rich, fudgy dessert more than any other because it was my father's favorite. My husband, two children and I also love to eat the cake warm with ice cream. I work at our local post office and like helping at our kids' school.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Blend in milk, oil and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased square baking pan. Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top. Do not stir.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into squares and invert onto plates. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. If cake is not served immediately, pieces can also be warmed in the microwave. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2014
"Awesome , The Husband Loves This !"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC