Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping
Hot fudge sundaes are an elegant but easy dessert. This rich, dark chocolate sauce drapes beautifully and is delicious on peppermint ice cream, coffee ice cream, butter pecan and lots of other flavors!
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Stir in the milk; add
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- To reheat: Place sauce in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring
- until smooth. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.