Hot Fruit Salad
"This spicy fruit mixture is a breeze to make - just open the cans and empty them into the slow cooker," says Barb Vande Voort of New Sharon, Iowa. "With its pretty color from cherry pie filling, this salad is nice around the holidays...or for any special occasion."
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 jar (25 ounces) chunky applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the first six ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker and stir
- gently. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit
- mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated
- through. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sugar pie filling, unsweetened applesauce and pineapple, and no-sugar-added peaches and apricots) equals 124 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.