Hot Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 jar (25 ounces) chunky applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker and stir gently. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sugar pie filling, unsweetened applesauce and pineapple, and no-sugar-added peaches and apricots) equals 124 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.