Hot Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 jar (25 ounces) chunky applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the first six ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker and stir gently. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Hot Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"Beautiful salad. I AM making it for tomorrow night's New Year Eve party. I throw in cinnamon hots for more of a cinnamon flavor. Also adds more vibrant color."
"I made this for fellow bridge players and they all thought it was perfect for the cold day we had. I served it with pound cake."
"This is a recipe my family does like, and will be making again. It's a keeper, for sure."
"This makes an interesting side dish...not the usual side. It is a nice compliment to other sides and the main meat dish. I have used a recipe similar to this, but doctored up a bit. For a richer (but less healthy version) add butter. Use 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter or one stick, 1T corn starch and if you feel daring, 1 teaspoon curry. Mash this together and spoon over drained fruit in a crock pot. You could also just add 1 t. curry to above recipe to spice it up and keep it healthy. This dish is an acquired taste....you are either a fan of it or you are not. Unfortunately, this is just not a hit with my family, even when we use butter and curry!"