"This spicy fruit mixture is a breeze to make - just open the cans and empty them into the slow cooker," says Barb Vande Voort of New Sharon, Iowa. "With its pretty color from cherry pie filling, this salad is nice around the holidays...or for any special occasion."
- 1 jar (25 ounces) chunky applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the first six ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker and stir gently. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p35
Reviews for Hot Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review