Hot Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) pitted Bing cherries, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat. Pour into a buttered 3-qt. casserole. If desired, pour wine over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 164 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Hot Fruit Compote
"I've made this for many family get togethers now and the kids devour it!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.