Hot Fruit Compote Recipe
For a refreshing dessert made quickly and with less money, try this recipe. The fruits compliment each other well and the topping add so much extra flavor.Helen Austin, Grand Rapids, Ohio
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash salt
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, peaches, apricots, pears and cherries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; pour over fruit. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Discard cloves. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p13
Reviews for Hot Fruit Compote(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
This recipe is also great for breakfast/brunch on a cold winter day when fresh fruit is not in season!