- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) pitted Bing cherries, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat. Pour into a buttered 3-qt. casserole. If desired, pour wine over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p33
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Hot Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review