- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) pitted Bing cherries, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat. Pour into a buttered 3-qt. casserole. If desired, pour wine over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit Compote in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Hot Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2009
"I've made this for many family get togethers now and the kids devour it!"