Hot Fruit and Sausage Recipe
Pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon make plain pork sausage links extra tasty. And the banana slices really complement the sausage. This dish is super easy to prepare and makes any breakfast special.—Marian Peterson, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions; drain. Add pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon; heat through. Stir in banana just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 261 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC