Pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon make plain pork sausage links extra tasty. And the banana slices really complement the sausage. This dish is super easy to prepare and makes any breakfast special.—Marian Peterson, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions; drain. Add pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon; heat through. Stir in banana just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fruit and Sausage in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p13
Reviews for Hot Fruit and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2011
"It was a nice change from regular sausage links. I prefer maple flavored sausage for my breakfast, so next time I think I will omit the brown sugar and cinnamon and add maple syrup instead."