"What screams summer more than grilled hot dogs?" asks Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts. She places hot dogs in buns before topping them with a zesty cheese sauce and grilling them in a double layer of foil.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, tomato, onion and relish. Place hot dogs in buns; top with cheese mixture.
- Wrap each hot dog in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dogs With The Works in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p19
Reviews for Hot Dogs with the Works
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2014
"Made these over the Memorial Day Weekend. They were a hit."