Hot Dogs with Chili Beans Recipe
This was a recipe my mom used often when I was growing up. These hot dogs were a favorite summertime meal with potato salad and chips.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onions, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 hot dogs, heated
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef, garlic and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, water, chili powder, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place hot dogs in buns. Top each with 1/4 cup chili bean mixture. Serve with cheese and remaining onion. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hot Dogs with Chili Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC