- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add 1-1/4 cups water and hot dogs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add the tomatoes, ketchup and remaining water. Cover and cook until rice is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dogs 'n' Rice in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p83
Reviews for Hot Dogs 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2014
"Nice flavor combination and always a hit! I usually make the hot dog mixture without the rice (omitting water) and serve it over steamed rice. Other than that, I follow the recipe as is."