You'll please kids of all ages with this tasty combination that's good for casual get-togethers. "I frequently fix this when the whole family is home," shares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) plus 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dogs 'n' Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p45
Reviews for Hot Dogs 'n' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"Best franks and beans ever! Easy to prepare and comforting on a cold night. I have made mine with cooker on high for 4 hours and they are delicious!"