You'll please kids of all ages with this tasty combination that's good for casual get-togethers. "I frequently fix this when the whole family is home," shares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
Recommended: 29 Recipes For Ballpark-Favorite Foods
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) plus 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dogs 'n' Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p45
Reviews for Hot Dogs 'n' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"Best franks and beans ever! Easy to prepare and comforting on a cold night. I have made mine with cooker on high for 4 hours and they are delicious!"