Hot Dog Stew Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, brown hot dogs over medium heat. Add the next seven ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat until heated through. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 275 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,605 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.