Hot Dog Stew
Everyone, especially kids, will be thrilled with this hearty stew, chock-full of hot dog bites and baked beans with a dash of liquid smoke. Dorothy Erickson of Blue Eye, Missouri shares this dish that's great at a summer cookout or on a cool fall evening.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a large nonstick saucepan, brown hot dogs over medium heat. Add
- the next seven ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat until
- heated through. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 275 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,605 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.