Everyone, especially kids, will be thrilled with this hearty stew, chock-full of hot dog bites and baked beans with a dash of liquid smoke. Dorothy Erickson of Blue Eye, Missouri shares this dish that's great at a summer cookout or on a cool fall evening.
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a large nonstick saucepan, brown hot dogs over medium heat. Add the next seven ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat until heated through. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Dog Stew in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p55
Reviews for Hot Dog Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review