Hot Dog Speed Racer Recipe
These hot dogs zoom off the plate when turned into mini racecars. Let kids customize them with a few simple tricks. — Jenni Sharp, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 hot dog bun, split
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 4 sweet pickle slices
- 4 slices ripe olives
- 2 hot dogs, cooked, divided
- 1 miniature pretzel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 colossal ripe olive
- 2 slices miniature pepperoni
- 1. Place bun on a plate, cut side up. For each wheel, insert a pretzel stick partway into bun; attach a pickle and olive slice.
- 2. Cut a slit 1 in. from the end of a hot dog; insert miniature pretzel for steering wheel. Place in bun.
- 3. Cut remaining hot dog in half for the driver (save remaining half for another use); insert a pretzel stick halfway into
- 4. the cut end.
- 5. Place mustard in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe face onto driver. Insert driver behind steering wheel. Place olive half on driver for helmet.
- 6. Break remaining pretzel stick in half; place on steering wheel for arms. Using mustard, attach pepperoni slices for headlights. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 394 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,213 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Dog Speed Racer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC