These hot dogs zoom off the plate when turned into mini racecars. Let kids customize them with a few simple tricks. — Jenni Sharp, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 hot dog bun, split
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 4 sweet pickle slices
- 4 slices ripe olives
- 2 hot dogs, cooked, divided
- 1 miniature pretzel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 colossal ripe olive
- 2 slices miniature pepperoni
- Place bun on a plate, cut side up. For each wheel, insert a pretzel stick partway into bun; attach a pickle and olive slice.
- Cut a slit 1 in. from the end of a hot dog; insert miniature pretzel for steering wheel. Place in bun.
- Cut remaining hot dog in half for the driver (save remaining half for another use); insert a pretzel stick halfway into
- the cut end.
- Place mustard in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe face onto driver. Insert driver behind steering wheel. Place olive half on driver for helmet.
- Break remaining pretzel stick in half; place on steering wheel for arms. Using mustard, attach pepperoni slices for headlights. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Hot Dog Speed Racer in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Hot Dog Speed Racer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
"This is such a cute idea! I'm sharing this recipe with my cousin, as she has 2 boys that love race cars!"