Hot Dog Speed Racer Recipe
These hot dogs zoom off the plate when turned into mini racecars. Let kids customize them with a few simple tricks. — Jenni Sharp, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 hot dog bun, split
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 4 sweet pickle slices
- 4 slices ripe olives
- 2 hot dogs, cooked, divided
- 1 miniature pretzel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 colossal ripe olive
- 2 slices miniature pepperoni
- Place bun on a plate, cut side up. For each wheel, insert a pretzel stick partway into bun; attach a pickle and olive slice.
- Cut a slit 1-in. from the end of a hot dog; insert miniature pretzel for steering wheel. Place in bun.
- Cut remaining hot dog in half for the driver (save remaining half for another use); insert a pretzel stick halfway into
- the cut end.
- Place mustard in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe face onto driver. Insert driver behind steering wheel. Place olive half on driver for helmet.
- Break remaining pretzel stick in half; place on steering wheel for arms. Using mustard, attach pepperoni slices for headlights. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Hot Dog Speed Racer in Taste of Home
Reviews for Hot Dog Speed Racer(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Dogs >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Recipes >