- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cut each roll in half; roll each into an oblong shape. Arrange in two
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm
- place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle a
- third of the buns with poppy seeds, another third with caraway seeds
- and the remaining buns with cheese. Bake at 350° for 14-16
- minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, place sausages in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until heated through.
- For Chicago Dogs: Place a sausage in a poppy seed bun. Top with a
- teaspoonful of mustard, relish, onion and tomato. Repeat. Top each
- with pickles.
- For Bavarian Dogs: In a small bowl, combine the sauerkraut, apple,
- onion and celery. Place a sausage in each caraway seed bun; top with
- sauerkraut mixture.
- For Chihuahua Dogs: In a small bowl, combine the salsa, pineapple,
- cilantro, jalapeno and lime peel. Place a sausage in each cheese
- bun; top with salsa mixture. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 hot dog (calculated without toppings) equals 86 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.