Hot Dog Pie Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 hot dogs, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the hot dogs, beans, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and cheese cubes. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, prick pastry shell with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Fill with hot beef mixture. Cut each cheese slice into four strips; make a lattice topping over pie. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 487 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,321 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Dog Pie
"I have to say when I read the title, I was a little hesitant to make this. However, it was a huge hit in our house with myself, my husband, and our 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old. This was easy to make and uses ingredients that are usually on-hand in our household, I added some onion and bell pepper to the meat while it was cooking to use them up. We all loved the taste of it, too! Simple, quick, and tasty means one happy mom!"
"My whole family loved this."
"I made this for dinner years ago when my aunt was over for dinner. When her brother passed away months later, she remembered this dish and asked me to make several pies for for the memorial service. The recipe was a huge hit with the all-adult crowd."